The idea is that what they share is unique to them and let’s their team get a glimpse into their personal life. This team-building activity is all about vulnerability. By taking it virtual, you can create an employee mural and give each of your employees the chance to participate. The day an inspirational leader started with the company.
Now give everyone an additional five minutes to decide if they want to change any of their items based on what they just heard from their teammates. Atlassian’s learning circle templates make it easy to plan a virtual educational activity about a topic relevant to your team’s work. Confetti cherry picks and curates vendors, ready to deliver the best experience possible within the date and times you need.
Creative Icebreakers for Brainstorming
Offices are emailed a Monday morning trivia quiz with responses due that night and results sent the next morning. Importantly, it’s not a one-off event but a source of weekly fun and conversation for the team without any ongoing setup or maintenance tasks. This icebreaker presents a great opportunity for employees to discuss their hobbies or lives outside of work. By introducing a show and tell icebreaker, you allow your team to express something funny, exciting or cool that they have been thinking about in their free time.
- From TINYpulse surveys to employee recognition, you can use TINYpulse to engage your employees and give them the chance to contribute.
- At the start of a Zoom meeting, simply ask each team member to name five items they would bring with them if they were stranded on a desert island.
- Show any photo from your life and tell the story behind it.
- It’s good to remind people of all the remarkable work that they’ve done.
- Sharing where you went to school, some fun parts of your professional history, or even some of your interests outside work will humanize you.
An article published in the Harvard Business Review found that laughing in the office lightens the mental load and induces physical changes in your body. And if there’s one icebreaker that guarantees a laugh, it’s Chubby icebreakers for virtual meetings Bunny. But starting a meeting with an icebreaker can change this. Your teams aren’t gonna be even, but with virtual events that doesn’t tend to matter. You’re not tossing a ball to each other or doing trust falls here.
Great Icebreakers for Virtual Meetings
They can depict their alien partner via drawing, molding, electronically, or however else they want. Ask your employees about the absolute worst movie they’ve watched.